- Today is the day where some COVID restrictions are supposed to loosen.
- Crown prosecutors have dropped a charge against a doctor accused of violating COVID measures.
- The RCMP’s Major Crime Unit found the human remains of a 38-year-old man on Thursday.
- A competition to fill the position of the province’s Auditor General was announced Friday.
- New Brunswick began heat surveillance last week.
- Statistics Canada says Canada lost 68,000 jobs in May as COVID-19 lockdowns continue.
- Although the Maritimes are heading back to normal this summer, the head of an events company says there’s still a future for virtual events.
- And Ottawa has passed a motion for a statutory holiday for Indigenous reconciliation on Sept. 30.