It’s mostly bad sports news on Overtime this week:
- We talked about the issues plaguing the Ottawa Senators, particularly in regards to the Peace Bond and Harassment claims surround the Karlsson and Hoffman families. Note: All charges are alleged in this case, nothing has been confirmed yet and details are coming out all the time, we will provide whatever updates we can in the intervening time between shows… just in case it wasn’t clear on the radio.
- We talk briefly about the Golden State Warriors and how we feel about Kevin Durant’s comments from March compared to Alex Ovechkin’s “Immature” handling of the Stanley Cup.
- We talk about Daniel Carcillo’s Players Tribune video about his struggle to return to normalcy as a result of the various brain injuries he’s suffered. Video is here: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/videos/daniel-carcillo-head-trauma
(Trigger Warning: Anatomy, Flashing Lights, Difficult Subject Matter)
- We talk about the gong show that was UFC 225, mainly because of the behavior of the people involved. Though we take a moment to congratulate Ronda Rousey on a well deserved nomination to the UFC Hall of Fame.
- Running out of time we talk briefly about the ramnifications of the Unity Bid for the 2026 World Cup and what that means for Canada. K also makes an appeal for us to all cheer for Morocco since they’re the only team with a Canadian born player on it.
Like we said on the show, nothing but good vibes to Daniel Carcillo. Hope your recovery continues, as well as those of Nick Boynton and Andrew Alberts.