This is the final registration form. If you have not yet filled out a participant survey, you must do so right away. You can find the survey at http://chsrfm.ca/ncrc37survey . That survey contains more detailed information about you.
When you’re ready, please fill out the registration form.
If you’d like to propose a session for the conference, please fill out the session proposal form.
GENERAL CONFERENCE INFO:
- The theme of this year’s conference is “Neighbourhood”. We are leaving this open to interpretation, but encourage presenters to consider the theme when they are developing their presentation.
- The dates of the conference are June 6 (arrival) through June 10 (departure).
- The conference will be held primarily on the campus of the University of New Brunswick (unb.ca) in Fredericton, NB. We are planning an evening of music to be held at a downtown venue which has limited accessibility, and the gala awards ceremony at another building downtown which is fully accessible.
- We will have accommodations available at two of the residences on campus. Off-campus arrangements will have be done on your own, although we may be able to offer some advice on an individual basis.
- Fredericton has an airport that is a bit outside of town, so we will be trying to provide a shuttle service with our own vehicles to reduce “last leg” travel costs.
- Fredericton has a basic but consistent public bus system and an active taxi service. The public bus also has an app to make it easier to get around town. For the most part, however, this city is quite walkable, so bringing good walking shoes is recommended.
The conference registration fee is $135 for early bird registration (before May 6) or $160 for late registration (after May 6). As the conference is short and condensed, there is no reduced fee for partial attendance. The early bird registration fee will only apply if you have completed payment before the cut-off date. If you are planning to mail a cheque, the cheque must be received by May 14 to count toward early-bird registration.
When you have completed this form and you have indicated that you are going to pay online, please visit http://chsrfm.ca/ncrc37payment to make your payment.
Your registration fee covers:
- breakfast on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- lunch on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- free attendance to all day-time conference events
- free attendance to the welcome party, sponsored by !earshot (Wednesday night)
- free attendance to the screening of “The Capital – A Documentary” (Friday night)
- free attendance to all Night At The Capital music events (Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights)
- free attendance & meal at the Gala presentation (Charlotte Street Arts Centre, Saturday night)
- a copy of the conference guide and other handouts
Fredericton has a single airport nearby (YFC) which receives and sends out about a dozen flights a day from major connections, including Montreal, Toronto, Halifax and Ottawa, and is generally served by Air Canada, WestJet and Porter Airlines. Prices fluctuate, but from general observation can be achieved for sub-$600 (round trip) from most major locations in Canada. The airport is located at about a 16-20 minute drive from downtown Fredericton, and cabs are available from there. We will also be making available at least two vehicles to help ferry people into town in groups. Please let us know your arrival plans, and we will try to gather as many people together at once as we can.
Alternatively, Fredericton has a MaritimeBus terminal, with direct service from Montreal (~$115), Moncton (~$40) and Halifax ($70), although connections will have to be carefully handled. There has been some discussion with Barry and Luke of the NCRA of collaboratively renting vehicles to make driving from Halifax less expense as well. Contact them for more details.
We’ve arranged a block of rooms at two of the residences on campus. In one residence, they offer traditional dorm-style rooms with one or two beds. In the other, the rooms are more suite-style, and include a bathroom, kitchenette and small furnished living room. The block of rooms that we have booked will be guaranteed at our group price, but after May 6 they may not be immediately within the same block.
To book your rooms, use code NCRC37, and:
The block room prices are:
- Single bed dorm: $36/night
- Double bed dorm: $54/night
- Two bedroom suite: $85/night
- Three bedroom suite: $115/night
Rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, and there are a limited number of each type of room, so booking early is recommended.
There are also common rooms on each floor of each building.Wifi and wired internet connections are available in each room, as well as basic amenities such as towels, soap and linens.
There are no hotels in the immediate vicinity of the university, but there are numerous hotels and bed-and-breakfasts in the city, and the city is not that physically large. Booking of these is left to your hands.