- Today is Password Day. Change your password today — and make it a good one!
- Feeling fancy? It’s Roast Leg of Lamb Day. You’re welcome.
- City launches People Helping People webpage to connect residents
- Digital Tertulia coming May 13: Matt Sears on “The Ancient Plagues”
- The Ville’s Free Stitch-n-Bitch Online Drop-In
Every Friday at 10am-11am
- UNB’s Leisure Learning Online
- Lainie B of Monday night’s B Street is back with another Positive Songs For Pandemics: The New Pornographers with Falling Down The Stairs Of Your Smile.
- Interview: revisiting Michael de Adder again today; this time on the occasion of his book of political cartoons called You Might Be From Canada If… (2017)
- Interview: I spoke with Fredericton’s Meals On Wheels back in 2017 on their 50th Anniversary — and they are still working hard (harder than ever!) helping folks in your community.
- The province announced one new case of COVID-19 yesterday afternoon, an individual in their 20s from the Saint John region.
- This brings New Brunswick’s total number of cases to 119.
- Dr. Jennifer Russell told residents this is not a surprise and we must be prepared for more cases and take care to protect the vulnerable population.
- Premier Higgs said residents are only a few days away from learning about the province’s “new normal.” He said businesses should be prepared to reopen with public health protocols.
- Education minister Dominic Cardy announced his department will invest $860,000 to give students access to technology for online learning. This includes 1,000 iPad’s, 500 laptops and 300 Mi-Fi internet hubs.
- The money comes out of the education department’s budget for maintenance and fueling school buses.