Gloom and Doom 07 continues our 30th anniversary commemoration of Nirvana’s In Utero with a cover of track 4 by Ostrich Tuning. This week’s episode includes new music from BIG|BRAVE alongside classic tracks by My Bloody Valentine, Cocteau Twins, and more.
Gloom and Doom 07 Tracklist:
Ostrich Tuning – R*pe Me (Nirvana cover)
Ostrich Tuning – oakville to the end of the line
BIG|BRAVE – carvers, farriers and knaves
Emma Ruth Rundle – Citadel
The Wake – Shallow End
The Stone Roses – Standing Here
My Blood Valentine – Sometimes
Cocteau Twins – Fifty-Fifty Clown
Nightblossom – Bad Dream
Praises – Shadow of a Doubt
Nirvana – R*pe Me (Band Demo)
Gloom and Doom 07 Show Notes:
- An earlier version of “oakville to the end of the line” appears on 2011’s The Persecution and Assassination of I?.?L?.?McPhedran as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Toronto Under the Direction of (the) Ostrich Tuning.
- We first heard BIG|BRAVE on Gloom and Doom 02.
- “Standing Here” is the B-Side to 1989’s “She Bangs the Drum.”
- We first heard Praises on Gloom and Doom 04.
- Nirvana recorded their demo during a session at Jack Endino’s Word of Mouth Studios in Seattle on October 25-26th, 1992.
- Jack Endino produced Nirvana’s 1989 Bleach LP.
- The band demo of “R*pe Me” originally appeared on the With The Lights Out box set.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More