Jane LeBlanc Music Award
This in-kind award is valued at $5,000
The Jane LeBlanc Legacy Fund has created an award for New Brunswick resident composer-singers or composer-singers who are also musicians to assist them in the recording and mastering of one of their original songs as well as helping them to create their album art and brand to distribute their mastered track to all online music platforms.
This award is for any unsigned NB music artists who are doing it all themselves! No ageism allowed. Even if you are an older artist, we want to get your submission.
If the music jury selects you, you will receive:
- Full assistance with recording and mastering of one song (Eastern Hive Studio) and marketing and distribution costs (Cat LeBlanc Music).
- 1 to 2 session musicians, if needed, for the professional studio recording. (They pick)
- One-year membership with the NB Film Co-op, Music•Musique NB, and the Writers’ Federation of New Brunswick.
- One-on-one professional development session with Kate Butler of She Said Feck! Records, Colin Fowlie of Colin Fowlie Music, and award-winning music artist Dan Hill (Dan was just inducted into the Canadian Songwriter’s Hall of Fame).
- Assistance with album art and logo brand creation (Cat LeBlanc Music).
What You Need to Do:
- Submit one draft vocal and music recording (for composer-singers who are musicians) or one draft vocal recording for (composer-singers only) of your original song for consideration.
- Please send us two short paragraphs talking about your creative hopes and dreams and what your music means to you, and what you want to do career-wise. Please tell us something about your background in music up to this point.
Three awards will be given out annually through the fund.
Deadline: February 25, 2021 (OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS TONIGHT UNTIL MIDNIGHT!)
Next Deadline: June 25, 2021
Later Deadline: September 25, 2021
This in-kind award is for any emerging or seasoned composer-singer or composer-singer who is also a musician who has never had the opportunity to work with a professional studio and release their original work professionally through online music distribution platforms with assistance.
All submissions can be emailed to catmaryleblanc [at] gmail [dot] com.
Sponsors for this grant are Cat LeBlanc Music, Eastern Hive Studio, Colin Fowlie Music, Joshua Sangster, She Said Feck! Records, Duncan L. MacDonald Chartered Professional Accountant, KenLar Productions, Karen Ruet Photography, NB Film Co-op, Music•Musique NB, and the Writers’ Federation of New Brunswick