Happy Friday the 13th!
Here are your headlines in the news today:
- New Brunswick has hired more than 170 nurses in hard-to-fill positions.
- A new committee has been greenlit to go over the salaries and benefits of the Province’s MLAs.
- 176 nicotine patches were seized at the Dorchester Penitentiary last month.
- A new trust fund is being created to more seriously protect New Brunswick’s ecological areas.
- An investigation is being done by The Serious Incident Response Team after a teenager in mental distress fell from an overpass earlier this week.
- Businesses across the Madawaska region will be getting over 1.6 million dollars in order to stimulate growth.
- Heat records across southern parts of the Province were broken yesterday afternoon.
- And the Federal Minister of Fisheries and Oceans claims that more research needs to be done on how seals affect East Coast fish stocks