- Looking for a little sunshine? So was I, so I queued up this interview with the delightful Heather Rankin from 2016. She dropped by on the occasion of her then-new album, A Fine Line. We get to hear the title track as well as Superstars.
- I also wanted some music to chill out and think to, so I added a track by Weak Size Fish called Reflect/Rewind from their 2020 release The Drift.
Events coming up:
- Photo Fredericton‘s bi-weekly meeting is tonight, with a Competition called Seasons. 7pm. Zoom.
- There’s an online group panel discussion on “The Far-Right in New Brunswick: A Panel on Extremism and Exclusion” at 7pm. tonight
- Chris Rouse, the founder of New Clear Free Solutions presents an online talk called “Transitioning to a Low-Carbon Economy in New Brunswick: Why public investments are better than incentives”. This presentation is at 7pm tonight.
- The York Sunbury Historical Society’s virtual speaker series continues this Thursday at 7pm with “Small Town Boys in A Great Big War: The Stories of Fredericton’s Black Soldiers Fighting in the First World War”.
- Trivia Night at The Cap this week features Faith Abel in a Black History Edition, Thursday night at 7pm.
- The Saint John Theatre company invite you to virtual theatre with the eight monologues of stories of local, historical, black lives in We Were Here.
- There will be a Cellphilm Screening presented by Black Lives Matter Fredericton at The Cap this Saturday at 7pm.
Music this week:
- Maxim Minimal presented by Symphony NB, charlotte Street Arts Centre, Thursday at 7:30pm.
- The Southern Comfort Band, Dolan’s Pub, Friday and Saturday nights at 9:30pm.
- Gin & Jazz with Hansen|Ball at the Southside Shake, Hilton Garden Inn, Saturday night at 7pm.
- DRAGGED Out of Heartbreak, Klub Khrome, Saturday night at 8pm.
- New Brunswick Public Health reported another death related to COVID-19 yesterday afternoon.
- New Brunswick Auditor General Kim Adair-MacPherson released volumes two and three of her 2020 report today.
- Police say 51-year old Wayne Wilfred Toole is sentenced to 36-months in prison in relation to a child pornography investigation.
- Time is running out to make any last-minute contributions to your RRSP for the 2020 tax year.
- While New Brunswick has fallen short of its electric vehicle targets, it is boasting a 50 per cent increase in the last year.
- The national RCMP is asking for the public’s help not in locating a fugitive but rather to name its new litter of 13 puppies.
- And a mandatory three-day hotel quarantine for travelers landing at Canadian airports came into effect yesterday, along with several COVID-19 measures.